Noida Ext villages reject GNIDA-Patwari settlement
Greater Noida: A day after Greater Noida Authority struck a deal with farmers of Patwari village in Noida Extension giving hope to 20,000 flat aspirants,residents of neighbouring villagers on Sunday rejected the settlement.
Farmers of Roza Yakubpur and Badalpur panchayats said that they would not accept compensation at Rs 1400 per square meter offered to Patwari farmers and demanded market value for their land.
A mahapanchayat of farmers from over a dozen villages at Badalpur, the native village of UP Chief Minister Mayawati, demanded halt to all acquisition proceedings till Parliament approves the land acquisition bill.
Farmers from Badalpur, Dujiana, Kamrala, Dhoom and Manikpur were among those who attended the mahapanchyat that disapproved of the settlement executed between Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority and Patwari village.
Another farmers` meeting at Roza Yakubpur also rejected the Patwari settlement and alleged that village committee members were pressurised into agreeing to the deal.
Residents of Patwari, Bisrakh, Roza, Jalalpur, Khanpur, Itheda, Haibatpur, Saini, Saddulapur and Chipiana attended the meeting. They demanded a joint settlement with farmers of all villages at an open panchayat.
GNIDA had executed the agreement with a 15-member Patwari farmers committee yesterday.
According to the agreement, farmers were promised Rs. 550 per square meter additional compensation, eight per cent developed land and regularisation of ababdi land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway