Noida Ext villages reject GNIDA-Patwari settlement
Greater Noida: A day after Greater Noida Authority struck a deal with farmers of Patwari village in Noida Extension giving hope to 20,000 flat aspirants,residents of neighbouring villagers on Sunday rejected the settlement.
Farmers of Roza Yakubpur and Badalpur panchayats said that they would not accept compensation at Rs 1400 per square meter offered to Patwari farmers and demanded market value for their land.
A mahapanchayat of farmers from over a dozen villages at Badalpur, the native village of UP Chief Minister Mayawati, demanded halt to all acquisition proceedings till Parliament approves the land acquisition bill.
Farmers from Badalpur, Dujiana, Kamrala, Dhoom and Manikpur were among those who attended the mahapanchyat that disapproved of the settlement executed between Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority and Patwari village.
Another farmers` meeting at Roza Yakubpur also rejected the Patwari settlement and alleged that village committee members were pressurised into agreeing to the deal.
Residents of Patwari, Bisrakh, Roza, Jalalpur, Khanpur, Itheda, Haibatpur, Saini, Saddulapur and Chipiana attended the meeting. They demanded a joint settlement with farmers of all villages at an open panchayat.
GNIDA had executed the agreement with a 15-member Patwari farmers committee yesterday.
According to the agreement, farmers were promised Rs. 550 per square meter additional compensation, eight per cent developed land and regularisation of ababdi land.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'
- Russia says bolstering forces to counter NATO