Noida Extension flat owners express concern over HC ruling
Greater Noida: With the Allahabad High Court recently asking the authorities to return land acquired at Patwari village to its original owners, the Noida Extension Flat Owners Welfare Association (NEFOWA) on Sunday expressed its concern over the development.
Hundreds of flat buyers today met to discuss the issue, and said any decision involving the Greater Noida West Housing Project should be taken after considering the sentiments and welfare of thousands of middle class home buyers.
"Buyers of all housing projects are under a great dilemma. Despite assurances from the authority and the builders, they are totally confused and unable to understand whether their projects are affected by this order or not," NEFOWA general secretary Shweta Bharti said.
"The existence of Greater Noida West Housing Project must be saved," she said, adding that such court verdicts "will severely hamper the pace of the construction in the whole Noida Extension projects".
"After the approval of Master Plan, we had high hopes that soon we will get our homes but the recent decision has spilled water on our aspirations," she said.
Meanwhile, on a petition filed by the Noida Extension Flat Owners Members Association, the high court had sent notices to six builders to submit their replies regarding the association`s claims of harassment and delay in possession and cancellation of some allotment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- LIVE: Pakistan's nuclear weapons may fall into hands of jihadists, fears Hillary Clinton
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’