Noida Extn: HC delays hearing on 2 villages’ land
New Delhi: The Allahabad High Court, Wednesday, postponed its verdict on the legality of land acquisition in two villages of the Greater Noida area popularly known as Noida Extension.
The High Court will announce its verdict on July 26 on the plea of farmers and villagers from Roja Yaqubpur and Bisarakh Jalalpur villages, who went to court against the Noida Authority’s decision to acquire their land.
The court had already cancelled land acquisition in some other villages of Greater Noida in earlier judgements. And tomorrow the HC will hear pleas of farmers from Itheda, Haidarpur and four other villages.
On Tuesday, the High Court had quashed acquisition of nearly 600 hectare of land in Patwari and Dewla villages, falling under Dadri tehsil of Gautambuddh Nagar district.
The verdicts have come as a big jolt to builders and prospective home owners. Several builders have launched their housing projects in affected villages and thousands of people have made bookings in the upcoming dwelling units, some of which are either in various phases of construction or in the drawing board stage.
In total, pleas challenging the acquisition of almost 2,000 acres of land in Greater Noida and surrounding areas, popularly called Noida Extension, have been filed in the HC. It is believed that around 2.5 lakh flats are to be built on the land in question.
Yesterday’s order came barely a fortnight after the Supreme Court had struck down acquisition of 156 hectare of land by the state government in village Shahberi in the area, saying the authorities were “subserving” private builders in the name of public interest.
The apex court had on July 6 upheld the Allahabad HC order which had quashed the land acquisition by the Greater Noida authority under the urgency clause of the Land Acquisition Act and directed that the property be returned to the farmers.
It had also said the builders should return back the money collected towards the sale of flats in the village.
The issues being dealt by the HC include acquisition of farming and other land by the state government without giving farmers and villagers an opportunity to raise their objections and without being offered adequate compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla