Noida Extn land: Farmers serve ultimatum
Noida: Farmers of Noida villages along the
Expressway on Saturday served an ultimatum to the authorities to
to give by July 31 five per cent of the land developed after
acquiring from them or otherwise they will stop builders`
Into the third day of their agitation, estimated 500
farmers from villages located along the Expressway assembled
at Nagli Wajidpur village and said their land was acquired in
the year 2003 and given a compensation of just Rs. 361 per
The farmers said they were promised 5 percent developed
land but it was not yet given.
Noida officials, including Deputy CEO N P Singh, met the
farmers and assured them that their problems would be
redressed soon by senior officials.
They were told that 5 percent developed land would be
given to them soon.
Regarding the hike in land compensation, they were told
that authorities will forward their demand to the state
government for approval.
Farmers Dalvir Singh Yadav, Manoj Kumar and others said
they plan to move the court and will go to Allahabad and file
a petition seeking higher compensation for the acquired land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said