Noida farmers threaten agitation
Noida: Noida farmers under the banner of Kisan Sangarsh Samiti on Wednesday warned of blocking all development work in the city unless Noida Authority fulfills the promises made to them on back lease of land.
The farmers at a panchayat held at Gadhi Sahadra alleged that the authority officers wanted to keep the back lease issue pending.
A Samiti spokesperson said the authority officers have not yet implemented the written agreement with farmers. "They now pass the buck to other officers".
The then Noida CEO Balvinder Kumar had entered into a written agreement with farmers, following which farmers had stopped the agitation.
2,44,000 square m of land of the village was under various court cases and in several cases there was stay order from court in favour of the farmers.
The then authority officers had recommended lease back on that basis after setting aside the land for road and other infrastructure.
17 persons were given lease back of 82,990 square meter though their total acquired land was 118,514 square meters.
For the rest 125, 486 square meter, lease back has not been done by Noida officers.
The farmers alleged the authority’s claim of lease back of 381,527 square meter was false and misleading.
Samajwadi Party leader Dalbir Yadav said the Authority officers are acting against the policies formulated by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'