Noida farmers threaten to stall building projects
Noida: Farmers of around 54 villages on Sunday threatened to stall the projects of builders to protests against the alleged inaction of Noida Authority in meeting their demands over land takeover.
The farmers announced their plan to stall all building projects in sectors 74-79 and 112-121. The villagers whose land was acquired for the development of Noida, also held a hunger strike on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
"The authority`s CEO assured us in writing twice. We had given them time till Oct 2 to settle our issues but they are simply not keen to look into them," said Naresh Yadav, convener of the Sorkha Jahidabad Kisan Sangharsh Samiti.
"We are ready to face lathicharge and prepared for going to jail. There would be an indefinite strike from Monday," Yadav said.
The farmers claimed that their lands were taken over by the authority at a price of Rs.2-3 per square yard and were not provided any rehabilitation.
The farmers of Sorkha, whose lands were acquired at Rs.421 per square yard, demanded compensation of 50 percent of the allotment rate.
"The CEO had agreed to return 850 acres of land that was under their possession to farmers. The authority had sanctioned Rs.7 crore for a cement road around our village and approved Rs.1 crore for a marriage community centre but no work has been done at all, so far," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you