Noida farmers threaten to stall building projects
Noida: Farmers of around 54 villages on Sunday threatened to stall the projects of builders to protests against the alleged inaction of Noida Authority in meeting their demands over land takeover.
The farmers announced their plan to stall all building projects in sectors 74-79 and 112-121. The villagers whose land was acquired for the development of Noida, also held a hunger strike on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
"The authority`s CEO assured us in writing twice. We had given them time till Oct 2 to settle our issues but they are simply not keen to look into them," said Naresh Yadav, convener of the Sorkha Jahidabad Kisan Sangharsh Samiti.
"We are ready to face lathicharge and prepared for going to jail. There would be an indefinite strike from Monday," Yadav said.
The farmers claimed that their lands were taken over by the authority at a price of Rs.2-3 per square yard and were not provided any rehabilitation.
The farmers of Sorkha, whose lands were acquired at Rs.421 per square yard, demanded compensation of 50 percent of the allotment rate.
"The CEO had agreed to return 850 acres of land that was under their possession to farmers. The authority had sanctioned Rs.7 crore for a cement road around our village and approved Rs.1 crore for a marriage community centre but no work has been done at all, so far," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands