Noida gangrape case: Victim identifies accused
New Delhi: An MBA student who had allegedly been gangraped by 11 youths in Noida in 2009, has identified ten of the accused persons here in a Delhi court.
The eleventh accused, being a juvenile, was not produced in the court.
The 24-year-old girl, who had shifted to London after the incident, told the court that she recognises all the ten accused present in the court as those who raped her and can identify the eleventh one as well, if shown to her.
The girl was gangraped by eleven youths on January 5, 2009 when she was returning from the Great India Place Mall in Noida with his friend and batch mate Amit Pawar.
The girl also told the court that she left India as even after registration of the case she was being threatened by the accused persons.
She and Pawar also denied in the court the allegations by the defence counsel that they were spotted in a compromising position in their car by the villagers and were beaten up and that they had lodged a false case of gangrape.
Pawar, who had filed the complaint with the Noida police had alleged that the accused, who were returning home after a cricket match, had forced him to stop his car by brandishing cricket bats. After he stopped the car, they got into the car and drove it around near urban Noida village Garhi Chaukhandi and took turns to rape his girl friend.
The trial of the case was shifted from a Noida court to Delhi on the Supreme Court`s order after Pawar approached it, fearing threat to his life and facing pressure to withdraw the case.
Both, the girl and Pawar, deposed before the court that they were returning from the GIP mall when their car was intercepted by the 11 bikers.
The girl said accused Omkar pushed them in the back seat and drove the car to a jungle area where she and Pawar were beaten up by all the 11 accused, who then took turns to rape her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest