Noida hotel faces action for land grab
Lucknow: A police complaint was lodged Thursday against a luxury hotel in Noida following allegations of land grabbing and construction of the facility on a gram samaj land worth Rs.11 crore, a government spokesman said here.
The 533.43 square metres land belonged to village Chalera under Dadri tehsil. Since the land is situated near the main road and a Metro station, in Sector 37 of Noida, the land was valued very high, the official said.
The land was sold many times and some influential people got cancelled the re-acquisition of the land by the government on Aug 25, 2010, the spokesman said.
He said the construction of Golf View hotel began on the highly valued land March 28, 2010, while the map of the hotel was approved later by the gram panchayat July 23, 2010.
Following the discovery of this illegality, the district administration of Noida (Gautam Budh Nagar) lodged a first information report (FIR) with the Sector 39 police station against Golf Link Hospitality Private Limited and its directors Devendra Kumar Gangal and Vidya Devi -- both residents of Firozabad, he said.
The spokesman said it has also been found that the land was not only sold but resold time and again -- first on September 8, 1986, then on August 7, 2006, then on June 9, 2009, and finally for the last time on February 22, 2009, by one Rajpal Singh to Golf Link Hospitality Private Limited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers