Noida hotel sealed for flouting land norms
Noida: The Noida administration Saturday sealed a hotel for flouting land allotment norms, said Gautam Budh Nagar District Magistrate MKS Sundaram.
The administration sealed Hotel Golf View in Sector 37 around 6.30 p.m. The land for the hotel, owned by Devendra Singh Gangal, is suspected to have been obtained on false information.
Officials accompanied by police reached the hotel and asked the staff to leave the building before sealing it.
"The owner had furnished false information about his credentials for obtaining the plot on gram sabha land and later getting its layout plan changed from the zila panchayat office," Sundaram said.
"A notice was sent to the hotel owner five days back to explain within three days why he submitted false information," he said.
"Even after five days, the owner did not respond to the notice. So, we sealed the site," Sundaram said.
"An FIR (first information report) was registered eight days back on the complaint of Noida CEO, for which investigations are on," he said.
Sources said that the layout plan of the hotel was changed at the behest of an official of the Noida authority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons