Noida land acquisition row: SC notice to UP, Noida
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday issued notice to the Uttar Pradesh government on a petition by the farmers of Visrak and Patwari villages seeking restoration of their lands acquired by the Noida authority.
The notice has also been issued to Noida authority.
An apex court bench headed by Justice R.M. Lodha issued notice on the petition -- farmers have challenged the Allahabad High Court direction ordering two-third increase in compensation to farmers whose land has been acquired by the Noida authority.
The farmers have contended that they do not want compensation, but return of their land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation