Noida land acquisition row: SC notice to UP, Noida
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday issued notice to the Uttar Pradesh government on a petition by the farmers of Visrak and Patwari villages seeking restoration of their lands acquired by the Noida authority.
The notice has also been issued to Noida authority.
An apex court bench headed by Justice R.M. Lodha issued notice on the petition -- farmers have challenged the Allahabad High Court direction ordering two-third increase in compensation to farmers whose land has been acquired by the Noida authority.
The farmers have contended that they do not want compensation, but return of their land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC