Noida land acquisition row: SC notice to UP, Noida
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday issued notice to the Uttar Pradesh government on a petition by the farmers of Visrak and Patwari villages seeking restoration of their lands acquired by the Noida authority.
The notice has also been issued to Noida authority.
An apex court bench headed by Justice R.M. Lodha issued notice on the petition -- farmers have challenged the Allahabad High Court direction ordering two-third increase in compensation to farmers whose land has been acquired by the Noida authority.
The farmers have contended that they do not want compensation, but return of their land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’