Noida land scam: CBI court records statement
Ghaziabad: A CBI court on Tuesday recorded statement of two witnesses in the Noida land scam case involving former Uttar Pradesh chief secretary Neera Yadav.
CBI special court judge AK Singh recorded the statement of two witnesses while an accused in the case, Rajeev Kumar, IAS officer and a beneficiary in the land plot allotment, failed to appear before the court.
The judge fixed April 30 as the next date for hearing.
A 1971 batch IAS officer, Yadav had allegedly allotted plots out of turn to bureaucrats, including Rajeev, politicians, industrialists and her relatives while she was the CEO of NOIDA Authority in the 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note