Noida land scam: Former IAS officer Neera Yadav gets 3 year jail
Ghaziabad: Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary Neera Yadav and another IAS officer Rajiv Kumar were on Tuesday sentenced to three-year imprisonment by a special CBI court here in the Noida plot allotment scam.
CBI special judge S Lal also imposed a fine of Rs one lakh each on Yadav and Kumar.
Yadav, a 1971 batch IAS officer, was the Chief Executive Officer of Noida in 1995 when she violated norms in allotting a prime plot to an industrialist.
It was alleged that Yadav entered in a criminal conspiracy with 1983-batch IAS officer Rajiv Kumar, the then Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Noida to change land use of a plot which was earmarked for a guest house and also increased its area in violation of norms, CBI sources said.
In a separate case, it was alleged that Yadav during her tenure as Noida chairman misused her official position as a public servant and got herself alloted a plot in violation of norms.
"The allotment was done despite the fact that the application submitted by her was incomplete in many respects and was submitted after the closing date of the scheme," CBI sources said.
It was also alleged that she got two plots allotted in the names of her two daughters knowing fully well that as per rules of the Noida only one plot of land could be allotted to one family.
Neera has already been convicted in another case related to a land scam in which she was sentenced to undergo four years of rigorous imprisonment. She has been granted bail by the Allahabad High Court where her appeal is pending.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Amjad Sabri laid to rest amid tears, thousands attend Karachi funeral
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker