Noida plot allotment: BJP alleges Rs 8,000 cr scam
Lucknow: Alleging scam in Noida plot allotment
to the tune of Rs 8,000 crore, BJP on Monday lodged a complaint
with Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta Justice N K Mehrotra demanding an
inquiry into it.
"A party delegation met Lokayukta Justice N K Mehrota and
submitted a complaint regarding land scam in 2009-10 and
2010-11 in Noida this morning," BJP national secretary Kirit
Somaiya told reporters here.
He said six officers including Chief Secretary Anup Kumar
Mishra, who was heading industries department during this
period, then chairman Mohinder Singh, then CEO Rama Raman and
OSD Yashpal Tyagi have been made party in the complaint.
"The concerned department is under Chief Minister Mayawati
but as she does not come under the purview of Lokayukta she
has not been made a party," Somaiya said.
He, however, alleged that the Chief Minister was directly
responsible for the irregularities.
The BJP leader said that during 2009-10 and 2010-11 38.22
lakh square metre land was sold under group housing scheme in
Noida. "Before this period land was not sold on such a large
scale in Noida," he said.
Somaiya alleged that the total land which cost around Rs
16,000 crore as per the circle rate was sold for Rs 8,131
crore resulting in a scam of Rs 8,000 crore.
He said through an RTI application information was sought
regarding details of bidders, their status and financial
process. "It was replied that information was available in
this connection," he said.
The BJP leader alleged that land was allotted to select
builders having common address of their officers in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?