Noida plot allotment: BJP alleges Rs 8,000 cr scam
Lucknow: Alleging scam in Noida plot allotment
to the tune of Rs 8,000 crore, BJP on Monday lodged a complaint
with Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta Justice N K Mehrotra demanding an
inquiry into it.
"A party delegation met Lokayukta Justice N K Mehrota and
submitted a complaint regarding land scam in 2009-10 and
2010-11 in Noida this morning," BJP national secretary Kirit
Somaiya told reporters here.
He said six officers including Chief Secretary Anup Kumar
Mishra, who was heading industries department during this
period, then chairman Mohinder Singh, then CEO Rama Raman and
OSD Yashpal Tyagi have been made party in the complaint.
"The concerned department is under Chief Minister Mayawati
but as she does not come under the purview of Lokayukta she
has not been made a party," Somaiya said.
He, however, alleged that the Chief Minister was directly
responsible for the irregularities.
The BJP leader said that during 2009-10 and 2010-11 38.22
lakh square metre land was sold under group housing scheme in
Noida. "Before this period land was not sold on such a large
scale in Noida," he said.
Somaiya alleged that the total land which cost around Rs
16,000 crore as per the circle rate was sold for Rs 8,131
crore resulting in a scam of Rs 8,000 crore.
He said through an RTI application information was sought
regarding details of bidders, their status and financial
process. "It was replied that information was available in
this connection," he said.
The BJP leader alleged that land was allotted to select
builders having common address of their officers in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race