Noida: Pregnant woman killed in road mishap
Noida: A heavily pregnant woman was on Sunday killed and her husband critically injured when the car they were travelling in collided with another car here, police said.
The couple was returning from a birthday party when the incident took place, they said.
While Anupriya, who was eight months pregnant, died on the spot, her husband Ravi was rushed to a hospital, where his condition was stated to be critical.
The driver of the other car, who was allegedly in an inebriated state, has been arrested, police said.
Meanwhile, in another accident, two persons, including a constable, were injured when a truck hit a car belonging to a Deputy Superintendent of Police.
The Dy SP was not in the car at the time of the incident, officials said, adding that the injured were discharged from hospital after first aid.
In a third incident, two persons were injured when a school bus hit the car they were travelling in near Sector 11 here.
The injured have been rushed to the hospital, police said, adding that there were no children in the bus at the time of the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore