Noida: Pregnant woman killed in road mishap
Noida: A heavily pregnant woman was on Sunday killed and her husband critically injured when the car they were travelling in collided with another car here, police said.
The couple was returning from a birthday party when the incident took place, they said.
While Anupriya, who was eight months pregnant, died on the spot, her husband Ravi was rushed to a hospital, where his condition was stated to be critical.
The driver of the other car, who was allegedly in an inebriated state, has been arrested, police said.
Meanwhile, in another accident, two persons, including a constable, were injured when a truck hit a car belonging to a Deputy Superintendent of Police.
The Dy SP was not in the car at the time of the incident, officials said, adding that the injured were discharged from hospital after first aid.
In a third incident, two persons were injured when a school bus hit the car they were travelling in near Sector 11 here.
The injured have been rushed to the hospital, police said, adding that there were no children in the bus at the time of the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price