Noida: Pregnant woman killed in road mishap
Noida: A heavily pregnant woman was on Sunday killed and her husband critically injured when the car they were travelling in collided with another car here, police said.
The couple was returning from a birthday party when the incident took place, they said.
While Anupriya, who was eight months pregnant, died on the spot, her husband Ravi was rushed to a hospital, where his condition was stated to be critical.
The driver of the other car, who was allegedly in an inebriated state, has been arrested, police said.
Meanwhile, in another accident, two persons, including a constable, were injured when a truck hit a car belonging to a Deputy Superintendent of Police.
The Dy SP was not in the car at the time of the incident, officials said, adding that the injured were discharged from hospital after first aid.
In a third incident, two persons were injured when a school bus hit the car they were travelling in near Sector 11 here.
The injured have been rushed to the hospital, police said, adding that there were no children in the bus at the time of the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?