Noida violence: Opp fears for UP`s industries
Lucknow: The violence in Noida during the nation-wide stike called by central trade unions was Thursday discussed in the UP Assembly with opposition parties saying it did not augur well for the state`s industrial growth.
Speaking on the admissibility of adjournment notices on the law and order situation, BSP, BJP and Congress members cited the violence in Noida as being a matter of deep concern.
Rejecting the adjournment notices, Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey said the report of the probe in Noida incidents would be available in two days.
He agreed to hold an hour-and-a-half long debate on the issue of law and order in the state, the date and time of which will be decided later.
Over 25 vehicles were set ablaze and several industrial units were damaged yesterday, prompting police to arrest 50 persons. Two incidents of violence were reported from Noida today also.
BJP`s Hukum Singh claimed that violence and arson had continued for up to four to five hours in Noida yesterday and alleged "there was no government worth the name" in the state.
Describing Noida as the state`s industrial showpiece, Singh said industries would hesitate to come to UP as the state government had failed to provide a secure atmosphere for entrepreneurs.
Congress members Pradip Mathur and Pramod Tewari presented figures which underscored the poor law and order situation in the state and said there appeared to be some conspiracy behind the violence.
In his response, state cabinet member Azam Khan assured the House that his government was very serious on the issue of law and order and described the Noida incidents as a conspiracy.
People of two villages adjoining Noida yesterday went on rampage and engaged in acts of arson, Khan claimed, and said the government had taken serious note of the disturbance.
Khan said those responsible for the violence were being arrested and a probe was on to ascertain shortcomings which led to the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi