Nomination filing from today for 10 LS seats in UP
Lucknow: The process of filing nomination papers for ten Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh will start with the issuance of notification from Saturday for the first phase of polling on April 10.
Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha said the entire nomination process which would be carried out in 11 districts for these ten seats would be videographed.
Filing of nomination for these seats would continue till March 22 and scrutiny would be undertaken on March 24. March 26 is the last date for withdrawal, he said.
The CEO said directives issued in connection with the number of vehicles allowed in the nomination process and others would be strictly implemented.
To a question on what preparations have been made to ensure that people affected by recent riots who have not yet returned to their villages or are still living in relief camps take part in the election process, the CEO said necessary directives have been issued in this regard.
The seats going to poll in the first phase are Saharanpur, Kairana, Muzaffarnagar, Bijnore, Meerut, Bagpat, Ghaziabad, Gautambudnagar, Bulandshahr and Aligarh - all in western UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory