Nomination filing from today for 10 LS seats in UP
Lucknow: The process of filing nomination papers for ten Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh will start with the issuance of notification from Saturday for the first phase of polling on April 10.
Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha said the entire nomination process which would be carried out in 11 districts for these ten seats would be videographed.
Filing of nomination for these seats would continue till March 22 and scrutiny would be undertaken on March 24. March 26 is the last date for withdrawal, he said.
The CEO said directives issued in connection with the number of vehicles allowed in the nomination process and others would be strictly implemented.
To a question on what preparations have been made to ensure that people affected by recent riots who have not yet returned to their villages or are still living in relief camps take part in the election process, the CEO said necessary directives have been issued in this regard.
The seats going to poll in the first phase are Saharanpur, Kairana, Muzaffarnagar, Bijnore, Meerut, Bagpat, Ghaziabad, Gautambudnagar, Bulandshahr and Aligarh - all in western UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama