Nomination filing from today for 10 LS seats in UP
Lucknow: The process of filing nomination papers for ten Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh will start with the issuance of notification from Saturday for the first phase of polling on April 10.
Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha said the entire nomination process which would be carried out in 11 districts for these ten seats would be videographed.
Filing of nomination for these seats would continue till March 22 and scrutiny would be undertaken on March 24. March 26 is the last date for withdrawal, he said.
The CEO said directives issued in connection with the number of vehicles allowed in the nomination process and others would be strictly implemented.
To a question on what preparations have been made to ensure that people affected by recent riots who have not yet returned to their villages or are still living in relief camps take part in the election process, the CEO said necessary directives have been issued in this regard.
The seats going to poll in the first phase are Saharanpur, Kairana, Muzaffarnagar, Bijnore, Meerut, Bagpat, Ghaziabad, Gautambudnagar, Bulandshahr and Aligarh - all in western UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened