Non-bailable warrant issued against 3 in NRHM scam
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court Friday issued non-bailable warrant against senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla and two other accused in the multi-crore NRHM scam case.
Special Court judge Shyam Lal issued the warrant against Shukla, Devender Rai and Ravinder Mohan.
Shukla was allegedly involved in the irregularities in upgrading of 89 district hospitals in the Uttar Pradesh, under National Rural Health Mission scheme, causing a loss of Rs 16 crore to the exchequer.
A bailable warrant was issued against the 55-year-old UP-cadre IAS officer on Janary 31 after he failed to appear in the case. He was arrested by the agency in last May but was released on bail.
Meanwhile, nine other accused in the case were today produced before the court which fixed April 4 as the next date of the hearing.
CBI has registered over 17 cases in connection with NRHM irregularities in UP in which it has accused former family welfare minister of the state Babu Singh Kushwaha and secretary Pradeep Shukla among others.
Kushwaha and retired DG Health S P Ram are already in jail in connection with the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing