Non-bailable warrant issued against 3 in NRHM scam
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court Friday issued non-bailable warrant against senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla and two other accused in the multi-crore NRHM scam case.
Special Court judge Shyam Lal issued the warrant against Shukla, Devender Rai and Ravinder Mohan.
Shukla was allegedly involved in the irregularities in upgrading of 89 district hospitals in the Uttar Pradesh, under National Rural Health Mission scheme, causing a loss of Rs 16 crore to the exchequer.
A bailable warrant was issued against the 55-year-old UP-cadre IAS officer on Janary 31 after he failed to appear in the case. He was arrested by the agency in last May but was released on bail.
Meanwhile, nine other accused in the case were today produced before the court which fixed April 4 as the next date of the hearing.
CBI has registered over 17 cases in connection with NRHM irregularities in UP in which it has accused former family welfare minister of the state Babu Singh Kushwaha and secretary Pradeep Shukla among others.
Kushwaha and retired DG Health S P Ram are already in jail in connection with the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city