Non-bailable warrant issued against 3 in NRHM scam
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court Friday issued non-bailable warrant against senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla and two other accused in the multi-crore NRHM scam case.
Special Court judge Shyam Lal issued the warrant against Shukla, Devender Rai and Ravinder Mohan.
Shukla was allegedly involved in the irregularities in upgrading of 89 district hospitals in the Uttar Pradesh, under National Rural Health Mission scheme, causing a loss of Rs 16 crore to the exchequer.
A bailable warrant was issued against the 55-year-old UP-cadre IAS officer on Janary 31 after he failed to appear in the case. He was arrested by the agency in last May but was released on bail.
Meanwhile, nine other accused in the case were today produced before the court which fixed April 4 as the next date of the hearing.
CBI has registered over 17 cases in connection with NRHM irregularities in UP in which it has accused former family welfare minister of the state Babu Singh Kushwaha and secretary Pradeep Shukla among others.
Kushwaha and retired DG Health S P Ram are already in jail in connection with the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai