Non-bailable warrant issued against 3 in NRHM scam
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court Friday issued non-bailable warrant against senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla and two other accused in the multi-crore NRHM scam case.
Special Court judge Shyam Lal issued the warrant against Shukla, Devender Rai and Ravinder Mohan.
Shukla was allegedly involved in the irregularities in upgrading of 89 district hospitals in the Uttar Pradesh, under National Rural Health Mission scheme, causing a loss of Rs 16 crore to the exchequer.
A bailable warrant was issued against the 55-year-old UP-cadre IAS officer on Janary 31 after he failed to appear in the case. He was arrested by the agency in last May but was released on bail.
Meanwhile, nine other accused in the case were today produced before the court which fixed April 4 as the next date of the hearing.
CBI has registered over 17 cases in connection with NRHM irregularities in UP in which it has accused former family welfare minister of the state Babu Singh Kushwaha and secretary Pradeep Shukla among others.
Kushwaha and retired DG Health S P Ram are already in jail in connection with the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'