Non-bailable warrant issued against UP Cong leader
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here has issued a non-bailable warrant against Uttar Pradesh Congress vice president for not appearing before it in connection with
a case relating to an alleged illegal election meeting in 2004.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Suresh Chand Arya yesterday issued the non-bailable warrant against Saiduzzaman and directed the police to produce him before the court on August 28, the prosecution said.
Police had registered a case against several persons including the Congress leader and ex-MLC Kadir Rana (presently BSP MP) for holding an election meeting without permission back in 2004.
Disallowing the meeting to take place, police had dispersed the crowd. In protest, more than two thousand people had later gathered there and raised slogans against the police action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report