Non-bailable warrant issued against UP Cong leader
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here has issued a non-bailable warrant against Uttar Pradesh Congress vice president for not appearing before it in connection with
a case relating to an alleged illegal election meeting in 2004.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Suresh Chand Arya yesterday issued the non-bailable warrant against Saiduzzaman and directed the police to produce him before the court on August 28, the prosecution said.
Police had registered a case against several persons including the Congress leader and ex-MLC Kadir Rana (presently BSP MP) for holding an election meeting without permission back in 2004.
Disallowing the meeting to take place, police had dispersed the crowd. In protest, more than two thousand people had later gathered there and raised slogans against the police action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!