Non-bailable warrant issued against UP Cong leader
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here has issued a non-bailable warrant against Uttar Pradesh Congress vice president for not appearing before it in connection with
a case relating to an alleged illegal election meeting in 2004.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Suresh Chand Arya yesterday issued the non-bailable warrant against Saiduzzaman and directed the police to produce him before the court on August 28, the prosecution said.
Police had registered a case against several persons including the Congress leader and ex-MLC Kadir Rana (presently BSP MP) for holding an election meeting without permission back in 2004.
Disallowing the meeting to take place, police had dispersed the crowd. In protest, more than two thousand people had later gathered there and raised slogans against the police action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'