Non-bailable warrant issued against UP Cong leader
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here has issued a non-bailable warrant against Uttar Pradesh Congress vice president for not appearing before it in connection with
a case relating to an alleged illegal election meeting in 2004.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Suresh Chand Arya yesterday issued the non-bailable warrant against Saiduzzaman and directed the police to produce him before the court on August 28, the prosecution said.
Police had registered a case against several persons including the Congress leader and ex-MLC Kadir Rana (presently BSP MP) for holding an election meeting without permission back in 2004.
Disallowing the meeting to take place, police had dispersed the crowd. In protest, more than two thousand people had later gathered there and raised slogans against the police action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah