Non-bailable warrant issued against UP Cong leader
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here has issued a non-bailable warrant against Uttar Pradesh Congress vice president for not appearing before it in connection with
a case relating to an alleged illegal election meeting in 2004.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Suresh Chand Arya yesterday issued the non-bailable warrant against Saiduzzaman and directed the police to produce him before the court on August 28, the prosecution said.
Police had registered a case against several persons including the Congress leader and ex-MLC Kadir Rana (presently BSP MP) for holding an election meeting without permission back in 2004.
Disallowing the meeting to take place, police had dispersed the crowd. In protest, more than two thousand people had later gathered there and raised slogans against the police action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says