Non-bailable warrants against 3 witnesses in CRPF attack case
Rampur: A local court on Friday issued non-bailable warrants against three persons, including a government doctor, after they failed to appear as prosecution witness in the 2008 terror attack case at a CRPF camp here.
Additional sessions judge Vijendra Singh issued warrants against surgeon ND Arora, homeguard jawan Aftab and CRPF jawan Kendra Singh, who had not been appearing in the court as witnesses despite repeated summons.
Dr Arora had performed the post mortem examination on the jawans who had lost their lives in the terror attack.
On January 1, 2008, seven Central Reserve Police Force personnel were among eight persons killed and five injured when heavily-armed terrorists stormed a camp of the paramilitary force in the wee hours near here.
Meanwhile, all the eight accused in the case including Fahim Ansari, Saba, Abu Zar, Adil, Shareef, Gulab, Jung Bahadur and Quasar were brought here from Bareilly central jail and produced before the court.
Trial in the case was initiated in February 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire