Non-bailable warrants against 3 witnesses in CRPF attack case
Rampur: A local court on Friday issued non-bailable warrants against three persons, including a government doctor, after they failed to appear as prosecution witness in the 2008 terror attack case at a CRPF camp here.
Additional sessions judge Vijendra Singh issued warrants against surgeon ND Arora, homeguard jawan Aftab and CRPF jawan Kendra Singh, who had not been appearing in the court as witnesses despite repeated summons.
Dr Arora had performed the post mortem examination on the jawans who had lost their lives in the terror attack.
On January 1, 2008, seven Central Reserve Police Force personnel were among eight persons killed and five injured when heavily-armed terrorists stormed a camp of the paramilitary force in the wee hours near here.
Meanwhile, all the eight accused in the case including Fahim Ansari, Saba, Abu Zar, Adil, Shareef, Gulab, Jung Bahadur and Quasar were brought here from Bareilly central jail and produced before the court.
Trial in the case was initiated in February 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players