Non-bailable warrants against 3 witnesses in CRPF attack case
Rampur: A local court on Friday issued non-bailable warrants against three persons, including a government doctor, after they failed to appear as prosecution witness in the 2008 terror attack case at a CRPF camp here.
Additional sessions judge Vijendra Singh issued warrants against surgeon ND Arora, homeguard jawan Aftab and CRPF jawan Kendra Singh, who had not been appearing in the court as witnesses despite repeated summons.
Dr Arora had performed the post mortem examination on the jawans who had lost their lives in the terror attack.
On January 1, 2008, seven Central Reserve Police Force personnel were among eight persons killed and five injured when heavily-armed terrorists stormed a camp of the paramilitary force in the wee hours near here.
Meanwhile, all the eight accused in the case including Fahim Ansari, Saba, Abu Zar, Adil, Shareef, Gulab, Jung Bahadur and Quasar were brought here from Bareilly central jail and produced before the court.
Trial in the case was initiated in February 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble