Non-bailable warrants against BJP MPs in Ayodhya demolition case
Lucknow: A local court issued non-bailable warrants against six persons, including BJP MPs Sakshi Mahraj and Brij Bhushan Saran Singh, accused in the Ayodhya disputed structure demolition case.
Special judge (Ayodhya prakaran/CBI) Shashi Mauli Tewari passed this order as neither these accused nor their counsels appeared before the court at the time of hearing today.
The court had earlier allowed their appearance in the court also through their counsels.
Besides Unnao MP Maharaj and Kaiserganj MP Brij Bhushan, other accused against whom warrants were issued are Pawan Kumar Pandey (former MLA), Amar Nath Goyal, Jai Bhagwan Goyal and Ram Chandra Khatri.
The court fixed July 19 as the next date of hearing. The case is related to the demolition of the disputed structure in Ayodhya on December 2, 1992, the hearing of which is going on here before the special judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH