Normal life hit due to fog in UP; Muzaffarnagar coldest at 6 degrees
Lucknow: Fog continued to adversely impact normal life at several places in Uttar Pradesh, including the riot-hit Muzaffarnagar which recorded the lowest temperature in the state at 6 degrees Celsius.
Minimum temperatures fell appreciably in various parts of the state, the MeT office here said.
The lowest minimum temperature was recorded in Muzaffarnagar at 6 deg C, it said.
Night temperatures witnessed a sharp dip in Varanasi, Allahabad, Agra, Meerut divisions, it said, adding that the mercury, however, rose in Gorakhpur and Faizabad divisions.
In Lucknow, the district administration ordered the closure of all schools up to Class VIII till January 10 in view of the continuing cold conditions while classes above VIII would not start before 9 am.
The MeT department has forecast that the weather would be dry and fog would occur at several places in the state.
They warned that dense fog may occur at isolated places in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- India braces for more heat after temperature breaks records; over 300 dead in Telangana
- Manipur HSLC Result 2016, BSEM HSLC Class 10th Results 2016, Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016 to be declared on May 24
- Sensex falls for 4th day on Fed rate hike caution
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!