Normal life hit due to fog in UP; Muzaffarnagar coldest at 6 degrees
Lucknow: Fog continued to adversely impact normal life at several places in Uttar Pradesh, including the riot-hit Muzaffarnagar which recorded the lowest temperature in the state at 6 degrees Celsius.
Minimum temperatures fell appreciably in various parts of the state, the MeT office here said.
The lowest minimum temperature was recorded in Muzaffarnagar at 6 deg C, it said.
Night temperatures witnessed a sharp dip in Varanasi, Allahabad, Agra, Meerut divisions, it said, adding that the mercury, however, rose in Gorakhpur and Faizabad divisions.
In Lucknow, the district administration ordered the closure of all schools up to Class VIII till January 10 in view of the continuing cold conditions while classes above VIII would not start before 9 am.
The MeT department has forecast that the weather would be dry and fog would occur at several places in the state.
They warned that dense fog may occur at isolated places in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death