Normal life hit due to fog in UP; Muzaffarnagar coldest at 6 degrees
Lucknow: Fog continued to adversely impact normal life at several places in Uttar Pradesh, including the riot-hit Muzaffarnagar which recorded the lowest temperature in the state at 6 degrees Celsius.
Minimum temperatures fell appreciably in various parts of the state, the MeT office here said.
The lowest minimum temperature was recorded in Muzaffarnagar at 6 deg C, it said.
Night temperatures witnessed a sharp dip in Varanasi, Allahabad, Agra, Meerut divisions, it said, adding that the mercury, however, rose in Gorakhpur and Faizabad divisions.
In Lucknow, the district administration ordered the closure of all schools up to Class VIII till January 10 in view of the continuing cold conditions while classes above VIII would not start before 9 am.
The MeT department has forecast that the weather would be dry and fog would occur at several places in the state.
They warned that dense fog may occur at isolated places in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees