Normal life hit due to fog in UP; Muzaffarnagar coldest at 6 degrees
Lucknow: Fog continued to adversely impact normal life at several places in Uttar Pradesh, including the riot-hit Muzaffarnagar which recorded the lowest temperature in the state at 6 degrees Celsius.
Minimum temperatures fell appreciably in various parts of the state, the MeT office here said.
The lowest minimum temperature was recorded in Muzaffarnagar at 6 deg C, it said.
Night temperatures witnessed a sharp dip in Varanasi, Allahabad, Agra, Meerut divisions, it said, adding that the mercury, however, rose in Gorakhpur and Faizabad divisions.
In Lucknow, the district administration ordered the closure of all schools up to Class VIII till January 10 in view of the continuing cold conditions while classes above VIII would not start before 9 am.
The MeT department has forecast that the weather would be dry and fog would occur at several places in the state.
They warned that dense fog may occur at isolated places in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project