Normal life hit due to fog in UP; Muzaffarnagar coldest at 6 degrees
Lucknow: Fog continued to adversely impact normal life at several places in Uttar Pradesh, including the riot-hit Muzaffarnagar which recorded the lowest temperature in the state at 6 degrees Celsius.
Minimum temperatures fell appreciably in various parts of the state, the MeT office here said.
The lowest minimum temperature was recorded in Muzaffarnagar at 6 deg C, it said.
Night temperatures witnessed a sharp dip in Varanasi, Allahabad, Agra, Meerut divisions, it said, adding that the mercury, however, rose in Gorakhpur and Faizabad divisions.
In Lucknow, the district administration ordered the closure of all schools up to Class VIII till January 10 in view of the continuing cold conditions while classes above VIII would not start before 9 am.
The MeT department has forecast that the weather would be dry and fog would occur at several places in the state.
They warned that dense fog may occur at isolated places in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah