Not against English, but Hindi should be working language: Mulayam Singh Yadav
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday said he was not against English language, but wanted that it was not used for official work so that people do not have any problem in understanding.
"I am not against English language. But the official work should be done in Hindi so that people can understand the matters which are related to them," Mulayam said here.
He was speaking on the occasion of Hindi Day function at Hindi Sansthan here.
At the event, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav presented awards to 66 personalities including noted poet Gopal Das Neeraj, who was given the Bharat Bharti Samman, the highest literary award of the state.
Akhilesh lauded the contribution of litterateurs towards the betterment of the society.
Mulayam, who was the chief guest at the function, recounted the contribution of journalists and litterateurs in country`s freedom struggle.
They have not just promoted Hindi language, but have also created awareness among the masses, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use