Not in race for AMU VC: Noor Mohammad
Aligarh: Aligarh Muslim University`s Acting Vice-Chancellor Noor Mohammad on Tuesday denied that he is in race for becoming the next VC, saying his priority is to
create an environment conducive for the appointment on the post.
"I have come with no prior agenda on behalf of the HRD Ministry and I am not interested in promoting any name, including my own, for being appointed as permanent VC," Mohammad said.
After the earlier VC relinquished the post two months ago, the situation in the university had become unstable, and it would be his agenda to set the house in order by paving the way for the appointment of a permanent VC, he said.
"In case my own name comes up in the panel from which a permanent VC will be selected, I will certainly refrain from participating in this procedure," he claimed.
He said those elements who have in recent months resorted to violent method for seeking a solution to their problems would be dealt with strictly.
He said he will not allow regionalism to flourish in the campus. He added he would tackle the problem of low attendance of students due to university`s closure by holding extra classes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report