Not returning to Samajwadi Party, says Amar Singh
Lucknow: Former Samajwadi Party (SP) general secretary and Rajya Sabha member Amar Singh has dismissed speculations about his return to the party fold.
Pointing out that he will never "again fall in the Samajwadi trap", the leader also announced late Wednesday that he would be distributing blankets to the riot victims at relief camps in Muzaffarnagar on his birthday Jan 27.
Taking on the SP leadership, which he pointed out had accused him of bringing glamour to the party, Singh questioned the Saifai festival glitz in which several film stars, including Salman Khan and Madhuri Dixit, participated.
Singh said the SP government in Uttar Pradesh had miserably failed in ensuring safety and governance. He also denied that the Akhilesh Yadav government had withdrawn the money laundering case against him.
"This is factually incorrect. The case was withdrawn during the regime of Mayawati itself," he said.
He criticised Samajwadi Party`s general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav and Urban Development Minister Mohd Azam Khan, both his arch rivals while he was a party member.
But he praised PWD minister and the chief minister`s uncle Shivpal Singh Yadav.
"I have very old personal association with Shivpal Yadav and that would continue," he added.
Singh used to be a prominent leader of the party and was seen as the most trusted aide of party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav for several years until the two parted ways and Singh was thrown out of the party a few years ago.
He later formed Rashtrya Lok Manch, a party that unsuccessfully contested on many seats in the 2012. Singh has since been lying low, largely due to health issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly