`Not sure whether Neha was raped before death`
Agra: Agra Police Thursday said investigations are on to ascertain whether the 23-year-old nanotechnology researcher who was mysteriously found dead in her laboratory here on March 16, was raped before the murder.
Inspector General of Police Ashutosh Pandey told media persons here that the doctors who performed the post mortem operation on her would be consulted and a foolproof case made out before the matter was taken to court.
Neha Sharma`s murder has baffled the police ever since the victim was found stabbed to death in the laboratory at the private deemed university in the evening of March 15.
Yesterday, two persons were arrested in connection with the murder, with one accused, Uday Swarup is the grandson of Prem Kumar-- President of the Dayal Bagh Satsang Sabha and former Director of the University.
Meanwhile, an uneasy calm prevailed on the campus of DEI University even as Swarup was escorted to his examination room by policemen from his barrack in the District Jail to appear for his B.Sc Honors final examination.
Director of the University, Dr V G Das said he would have taken action if the alleged unruly activities of Uday were brought to his notice earlier.
Students and others at the University alleged that Swarup strove unbridled on the campus, with none daring to on check him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief