`Not sure whether Neha was raped before death`
Agra: Agra Police Thursday said investigations are on to ascertain whether the 23-year-old nanotechnology researcher who was mysteriously found dead in her laboratory here on March 16, was raped before the murder.
Inspector General of Police Ashutosh Pandey told media persons here that the doctors who performed the post mortem operation on her would be consulted and a foolproof case made out before the matter was taken to court.
Neha Sharma`s murder has baffled the police ever since the victim was found stabbed to death in the laboratory at the private deemed university in the evening of March 15.
Yesterday, two persons were arrested in connection with the murder, with one accused, Uday Swarup is the grandson of Prem Kumar-- President of the Dayal Bagh Satsang Sabha and former Director of the University.
Meanwhile, an uneasy calm prevailed on the campus of DEI University even as Swarup was escorted to his examination room by policemen from his barrack in the District Jail to appear for his B.Sc Honors final examination.
Director of the University, Dr V G Das said he would have taken action if the alleged unruly activities of Uday were brought to his notice earlier.
Students and others at the University alleged that Swarup strove unbridled on the campus, with none daring to on check him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh