Not us, SP will win UP: BJP minister
Bhopal: A minister in Madhya Pradesh`s BJP government on Thursday said as per his assessment, Samajwadi Party will emerge as the single largest party in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur, who originally hails from UP and had returned recently after addressing election meetings in 12 constituencies in the northern state, said, "SP will lead in UP followed by BSP, BJP and Congress."
The BJP minister said he was very impressed by Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi. He said she reminds him of Indira Gandhi.
"It would have been better if the Congress had projected Priyanka in place of Rahul," he said.
Gaur said BJP was not in any position to form a government in Uttar Pradesh.
Answering a question, he said this was his assessment as a party worker and he did not know about the pronouncements made by senior BJP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?