Not us, SP will win UP: BJP minister
Bhopal: A minister in Madhya Pradesh`s BJP government on Thursday said as per his assessment, Samajwadi Party will emerge as the single largest party in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur, who originally hails from UP and had returned recently after addressing election meetings in 12 constituencies in the northern state, said, "SP will lead in UP followed by BSP, BJP and Congress."
The BJP minister said he was very impressed by Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi. He said she reminds him of Indira Gandhi.
"It would have been better if the Congress had projected Priyanka in place of Rahul," he said.
Gaur said BJP was not in any position to form a government in Uttar Pradesh.
Answering a question, he said this was his assessment as a party worker and he did not know about the pronouncements made by senior BJP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption