Not us, SP will win UP: BJP minister
Bhopal: A minister in Madhya Pradesh`s BJP government on Thursday said as per his assessment, Samajwadi Party will emerge as the single largest party in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur, who originally hails from UP and had returned recently after addressing election meetings in 12 constituencies in the northern state, said, "SP will lead in UP followed by BSP, BJP and Congress."
The BJP minister said he was very impressed by Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi. He said she reminds him of Indira Gandhi.
"It would have been better if the Congress had projected Priyanka in place of Rahul," he said.
Gaur said BJP was not in any position to form a government in Uttar Pradesh.
Answering a question, he said this was his assessment as a party worker and he did not know about the pronouncements made by senior BJP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen