Not us, SP will win UP: BJP minister
Bhopal: A minister in Madhya Pradesh`s BJP government on Thursday said as per his assessment, Samajwadi Party will emerge as the single largest party in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur, who originally hails from UP and had returned recently after addressing election meetings in 12 constituencies in the northern state, said, "SP will lead in UP followed by BSP, BJP and Congress."
The BJP minister said he was very impressed by Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi. He said she reminds him of Indira Gandhi.
"It would have been better if the Congress had projected Priyanka in place of Rahul," he said.
Gaur said BJP was not in any position to form a government in Uttar Pradesh.
Answering a question, he said this was his assessment as a party worker and he did not know about the pronouncements made by senior BJP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog