Notes worth Rs 1 crore damaged by termites
Barabanki: Rs one crore kept in the
currency chest of State Bank of India`s Barabanki branch have
vanished and the suspect is no other than termites.
"The information regarding damaging of notes by
termites has been given to the RBI," SBI Regional Manager
Geeta Tripathi told reporters.
The mutilated notes, apparently damaged by termites,
were found in the chest yesterday.
DM Vikas Gothalwal and SP Navenet Kumar Rana have
deputed a SDM and a Circle officer to conduct an inquiry into
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA