Notes worth Rs 1 crore damaged by termites
Barabanki: Rs one crore kept in the
currency chest of State Bank of India`s Barabanki branch have
vanished and the suspect is no other than termites.
"The information regarding damaging of notes by
termites has been given to the RBI," SBI Regional Manager
Geeta Tripathi told reporters.
The mutilated notes, apparently damaged by termites,
were found in the chest yesterday.
DM Vikas Gothalwal and SP Navenet Kumar Rana have
deputed a SDM and a Circle officer to conduct an inquiry into
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya