Notes worth Rs 1 crore damaged by termites
Barabanki: Rs one crore kept in the
currency chest of State Bank of India`s Barabanki branch have
vanished and the suspect is no other than termites.
"The information regarding damaging of notes by
termites has been given to the RBI," SBI Regional Manager
Geeta Tripathi told reporters.
The mutilated notes, apparently damaged by termites,
were found in the chest yesterday.
DM Vikas Gothalwal and SP Navenet Kumar Rana have
deputed a SDM and a Circle officer to conduct an inquiry into
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH