Notice on Rahul Gandhi’s stay in college
Lucknow: Taking cognisance of AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s night stay at a college in Azamgarh, the district magistrate on Friday issued notices to college management, principal and district Congress president seeking their explanation on the matter within three days.
District Magistrate and Returning Officer Ashutosh Dwivedi said that prima facie, it was a matter of Model Code of Conduct violation.
Due to Gandhi`s stay, the educational work in the Shibli National PG College suffered on January 11 as thousands of people gathered there, he said, adding it was also violation of prohibitory orders.
Dwivedi issued notices to the collage, its principal and district Congress president for allowing the night stay of Gandhi on January 10 during his visit.
In the notice, clarification has also been sought for allowing address of Gandhi there without prior permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg trumps Lewis Hamilton in Hungaroring chaos
- Scientists produce rare wood bison calves through IVF
- Munich pulls together after shopping mall shooting
- West Indies legend Vivian Richards hails Virat Kohli's 'magnificent' innings
- Indian aid worker Judith D'Souza rescued from captors in Afghanistan returns home