Notice on Rahul Gandhi’s stay in college
Lucknow: Taking cognisance of AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s night stay at a college in Azamgarh, the district magistrate on Friday issued notices to college management, principal and district Congress president seeking their explanation on the matter within three days.
District Magistrate and Returning Officer Ashutosh Dwivedi said that prima facie, it was a matter of Model Code of Conduct violation.
Due to Gandhi`s stay, the educational work in the Shibli National PG College suffered on January 11 as thousands of people gathered there, he said, adding it was also violation of prohibitory orders.
Dwivedi issued notices to the collage, its principal and district Congress president for allowing the night stay of Gandhi on January 10 during his visit.
In the notice, clarification has also been sought for allowing address of Gandhi there without prior permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security