Notice on Rahul Gandhi’s stay in college
Lucknow: Taking cognisance of AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s night stay at a college in Azamgarh, the district magistrate on Friday issued notices to college management, principal and district Congress president seeking their explanation on the matter within three days.
District Magistrate and Returning Officer Ashutosh Dwivedi said that prima facie, it was a matter of Model Code of Conduct violation.
Due to Gandhi`s stay, the educational work in the Shibli National PG College suffered on January 11 as thousands of people gathered there, he said, adding it was also violation of prohibitory orders.
Dwivedi issued notices to the collage, its principal and district Congress president for allowing the night stay of Gandhi on January 10 during his visit.
In the notice, clarification has also been sought for allowing address of Gandhi there without prior permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!
- Turkey sends more tanks to Syria, warns Kurdish militia
- IIT-B names, shames start-ups for reneging on job offers