Notice on Rahul Gandhi’s stay in college
Lucknow: Taking cognisance of AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s night stay at a college in Azamgarh, the district magistrate on Friday issued notices to college management, principal and district Congress president seeking their explanation on the matter within three days.
District Magistrate and Returning Officer Ashutosh Dwivedi said that prima facie, it was a matter of Model Code of Conduct violation.
Due to Gandhi`s stay, the educational work in the Shibli National PG College suffered on January 11 as thousands of people gathered there, he said, adding it was also violation of prohibitory orders.
Dwivedi issued notices to the collage, its principal and district Congress president for allowing the night stay of Gandhi on January 10 during his visit.
In the notice, clarification has also been sought for allowing address of Gandhi there without prior permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'