Notice on Rahul Gandhi’s stay in college
Lucknow: Taking cognisance of AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s night stay at a college in Azamgarh, the district magistrate on Friday issued notices to college management, principal and district Congress president seeking their explanation on the matter within three days.
District Magistrate and Returning Officer Ashutosh Dwivedi said that prima facie, it was a matter of Model Code of Conduct violation.
Due to Gandhi`s stay, the educational work in the Shibli National PG College suffered on January 11 as thousands of people gathered there, he said, adding it was also violation of prohibitory orders.
Dwivedi issued notices to the collage, its principal and district Congress president for allowing the night stay of Gandhi on January 10 during his visit.
In the notice, clarification has also been sought for allowing address of Gandhi there without prior permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today