Notice to organisers of Amit Shah`s Lucknow visit for violating model code
Lucknow: The district administration has issued a notice to the organisers of BJP president Amit Shah`s Lucknow visit for alleged violation of model code of conduct in place ahead of by-polls here.
"A simple notice has been issued to the organisers seeking explanation within three days that why use of festoons, posters, banners and vehicles in excess of permissible limit be considered as violation of Section 144 of CrPc," Additional District Magistrate (executive) Rajesh Pandey told a news agency.
Pandey said that though permission was taken by the organiser of the event Maan Singh before the code of conduct was in place, it was conditional that there would be no violation of the norms.
"As election dates had been announced by the Election Commission for Lucknow (East) seat model code of conduct has come into effect," he said.
Pandey said that videography of the entire event was done in which it was found that festoons, banners, posters and vehicles exceeded the permissible limit.
"We have asked the organiser to submit their reply within three days after which based on it and the video-graphic evidence further action will be taken accordingly," he said.
Shah, who was in-charge of Uttar Pradesh during Lok Sabha elections and led the party to an impressive win, visited Lucknow yesterday for the first time after being nominated as the BJP national president.
During his visit Shah addressed a state-level convention of party workers.
Meanwhile, BJP said it has not received any notice so far.
"When permission was taken for the programme there were no conditions and even the code of conduct was not into effect," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said, adding the programme of the party president was scheduled since long.
"We have not received the notice yet. We will reply to it under legal process when received," Pathak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Cuteness alert! Insanely adorable pictures of 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' fame Ruhaanika Dhawan
- Mother Sofia Hayat displays her singing talent - Watch video
- Mercedes, GE among 'Make in India' investors
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi