Notification for last phase of UP polls issued
Lucknow: Notification for the seventh and
last phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly election was issued Monday with which nominations process also started.
The seventh phase would decide the fate of Muslim face of Samajwadi Party Mohd Azam Khan from Rampur and Saurabh Singh,
son of BSP MP and coordintaor Jugul Kishore from Kasta.
Polling for seventh phase of elections covering 60 seats
spread over Bijnore, Moradabad, Bhimnagar, Rampur, Jyotiba
Phule Nagar, Badaun, Bareilly. Pilibhit, Shahjahanpur and
Lakhimpur Kheri, would be held on March 3.
"More than 1.80 crore voters are expected to cast their
votes at 17,640 polling booths at 12,907 polling stations
where 19,404 electronic voting machines would be used,"
Election Commission officers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes
- Pampore terror attack: Centre to send committee to find reason behind security lapse
- Sub-Rs 10,000 smartphone segment in India to grow 44% in 2016: CMR
- Clarity on Brexit, monsoon to steer markets