Notification for last phase of UP polls issued
Lucknow: Notification for the seventh and
last phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly election was issued Monday with which nominations process also started.
The seventh phase would decide the fate of Muslim face of Samajwadi Party Mohd Azam Khan from Rampur and Saurabh Singh,
son of BSP MP and coordintaor Jugul Kishore from Kasta.
Polling for seventh phase of elections covering 60 seats
spread over Bijnore, Moradabad, Bhimnagar, Rampur, Jyotiba
Phule Nagar, Badaun, Bareilly. Pilibhit, Shahjahanpur and
Lakhimpur Kheri, would be held on March 3.
"More than 1.80 crore voters are expected to cast their
votes at 17,640 polling booths at 12,907 polling stations
where 19,404 electronic voting machines would be used,"
Election Commission officers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US