Notification for last phase of UP polls issued
Lucknow: Notification for the seventh and
last phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly election was issued Monday with which nominations process also started.
The seventh phase would decide the fate of Muslim face of Samajwadi Party Mohd Azam Khan from Rampur and Saurabh Singh,
son of BSP MP and coordintaor Jugul Kishore from Kasta.
Polling for seventh phase of elections covering 60 seats
spread over Bijnore, Moradabad, Bhimnagar, Rampur, Jyotiba
Phule Nagar, Badaun, Bareilly. Pilibhit, Shahjahanpur and
Lakhimpur Kheri, would be held on March 3.
"More than 1.80 crore voters are expected to cast their
votes at 17,640 polling booths at 12,907 polling stations
where 19,404 electronic voting machines would be used,"
Election Commission officers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official