Notification for second, third phases of Lok Sabha polls issued
New Delhi: The President Saturday issued notification for second and third phases of Lok Sabha elections to be held on April 9 and 10 in which 93 constituencies spread across 18 states, including Delhi, will go to polls.
On April 9, seven constituencies in five states and on April 10, 86 constituencies in 13 states including seven in Delhi will elect members to the Lok Sabha.
Though six constituencies of Bihar are also going for poll on April 10, the notification was issued on March 13 due to certain administrative reasons.
Bastar in Naxal-hit state of Chhattisgarh will also go to polls on April 10.
Haryana (10 seats) and Kerala (20 seats) will have a single day polling on April 10 like Chandigarh (one seat).
Jammu and Kashmir with six Lok Sabha seats will witness polling on five days on April 10, 17, 24, 30 and May 7. On April 10, Jammu will go to polls.
Five out of 14 seats in Jharkhand will also go to polls on April 10 while heartland Uttar Pradesh will choose 80 MPs on six days on April 10, 17, 24, 30 and May 7 and 12.
On April 10, voters in West UP and neighbouring Ghaziabad and Gautam Buddha Nagar constituencies will elect Lok Sabha members from 10 seats.
For Delhi, the last date of filing nominations is March 22, while scrutiny will be held on March 24. Candidates can withdraw their nominations till March 26 for the April 10 election to Chandni Chowk, North East Delhi, East Delhi, New Delhi, North West Delhi, West Delhi and South Delhi constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state