Notification out for 1st phase of polling on 10 seats in UP
Lucknow: Notification was on Saturday issued for polling on 10 seats as part of the first phase of the six- phased Lok Sabha elections in Uttar Pradesh.
Following the opening of the official process, a lone nomination paper was filed in Muzaffarnagar on the first day of the filing of nominations on Saturday, a statement issued by the election office here said.
The last date for the filing of nominations for these 10 seats is March 22. Scrutiny would be undertaken on March 24, and March 26 is the last date for withdrawal of names for the polling on April 10.
The seats going to polls in the first phase are Kairana, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar, Bijnore, Meerut, Baghpat, Ghaziabad, Gautam Budh Nagar, Bulandshahr and Aligarh, all in the western part of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof