Notorious criminal killed in gang war in Uttar Pradesh
Ghaziabad: A notorious criminal, involved in several cases of crime in the NCR, was on Tuesday killed in a shoot-out on Tila Bhopura road here, police said.
Joginder alias Jaggu Pehalwan was named in several cases of murder, robbery, loot and ransom in Delhi, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh and on November 16 he was released on bail from Meerut jail, they said.
"A group of four to five persons, who were in a car, overtook Joginder`s car on Tila Bhopura road and opened fire at him," said SSP Prashant Kumar.
Joginder`s car hit a road side drain and his two friends identified as Sonu alias Sunil and one Pinki, who were present in the vehicle, escaped from the spot, he said.
"The unidentified persons got down from their car and fired several bullets at Joginder," he said.
Joginder was rushed to Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital in Delhi, where he was declared brought dead, Kumar said.
On the complaint made by Joginder`s father, a case on charges of murder has been registered against Sunil, Pinki, Bhola and five others, SHO Virendra Yadav said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed