Notorious criminal killed in gang war in Uttar Pradesh
Ghaziabad: A notorious criminal, involved in several cases of crime in the NCR, was on Tuesday killed in a shoot-out on Tila Bhopura road here, police said.
Joginder alias Jaggu Pehalwan was named in several cases of murder, robbery, loot and ransom in Delhi, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh and on November 16 he was released on bail from Meerut jail, they said.
"A group of four to five persons, who were in a car, overtook Joginder`s car on Tila Bhopura road and opened fire at him," said SSP Prashant Kumar.
Joginder`s car hit a road side drain and his two friends identified as Sonu alias Sunil and one Pinki, who were present in the vehicle, escaped from the spot, he said.
"The unidentified persons got down from their car and fired several bullets at Joginder," he said.
Joginder was rushed to Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital in Delhi, where he was declared brought dead, Kumar said.
On the complaint made by Joginder`s father, a case on charges of murder has been registered against Sunil, Pinki, Bhola and five others, SHO Virendra Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened