Notorious criminal killed in gang war in Uttar Pradesh
Ghaziabad: A notorious criminal, involved in several cases of crime in the NCR, was on Tuesday killed in a shoot-out on Tila Bhopura road here, police said.
Joginder alias Jaggu Pehalwan was named in several cases of murder, robbery, loot and ransom in Delhi, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh and on November 16 he was released on bail from Meerut jail, they said.
"A group of four to five persons, who were in a car, overtook Joginder`s car on Tila Bhopura road and opened fire at him," said SSP Prashant Kumar.
Joginder`s car hit a road side drain and his two friends identified as Sonu alias Sunil and one Pinki, who were present in the vehicle, escaped from the spot, he said.
"The unidentified persons got down from their car and fired several bullets at Joginder," he said.
Joginder was rushed to Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital in Delhi, where he was declared brought dead, Kumar said.
On the complaint made by Joginder`s father, a case on charges of murder has been registered against Sunil, Pinki, Bhola and five others, SHO Virendra Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem