Notorious criminal killed in gang war in Uttar Pradesh
Ghaziabad: A notorious criminal, involved in several cases of crime in the NCR, was on Tuesday killed in a shoot-out on Tila Bhopura road here, police said.
Joginder alias Jaggu Pehalwan was named in several cases of murder, robbery, loot and ransom in Delhi, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh and on November 16 he was released on bail from Meerut jail, they said.
"A group of four to five persons, who were in a car, overtook Joginder`s car on Tila Bhopura road and opened fire at him," said SSP Prashant Kumar.
Joginder`s car hit a road side drain and his two friends identified as Sonu alias Sunil and one Pinki, who were present in the vehicle, escaped from the spot, he said.
"The unidentified persons got down from their car and fired several bullets at Joginder," he said.
Joginder was rushed to Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital in Delhi, where he was declared brought dead, Kumar said.
On the complaint made by Joginder`s father, a case on charges of murder has been registered against Sunil, Pinki, Bhola and five others, SHO Virendra Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?