NRHM: 4 charge sheets filed, Sachan and Shukla named
New Delhi: CBI on Friday filed four charge sheets in a special court in Lucknow in connection with National Rural Health Mission scam in Uttar Pradesh accusing the then Chief Medical Officer A K Shukla and Deputy CMO Y S Sachan, who was found dead in prison under mysterious circumstances, in separate cases.
In the first case involving Sachan, CBI filed two charge sheets against 33 accused persons on the allegations that bogus transport bills for use of ambulance by Bal Mahila Chikitsalaya and Community Health Centre and bogus bills for supply of manpower were passed for payment by 29 public servants causing a wrongful gain to Omraj Enterprises and Gauri Shankar Singh of Omega Security Services, CBI sources said.
A CBI spokesperson the agency has named Sachan as deceased accused.
In the charge sheet, the agency has slapped allegations of cheating, forgery, and prevention of corruption against the accused persons, the sources said.
The agency also filed another set of charge sheets against 19 accused persons involving the then CMO A K Shukla on the allegations of bogus transport bills for use of ambulance by Bal Mahila Chikitsalaya and Community Health Centre`s which were passed for payment by 17 public servants causing wrongful loss to the tune of Rs 20 lakhs, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui