NRHM: CBI raids ex-UP minister Ananth Mishra
Lucknow: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Saturday conducted raids at the residential premises of former UP health minister Anant Mishra in the state capital and Kanpur in connection with National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam.
CBI teams seized some "incriminating" documents related to the National Rural Health Mission from Mishra`s premises, sources said here.
The agency has already questioned Mishra twice in connection with the death of deputy CMO YS Sachan.
The development comes after the CBI on Thursday filed a chargesheet in a court against former Bahujan Samaj Partyleader Babu Singh Kushwaha and his associate RP Jaiswal.
The CBI registered a case against Kushwaha and others for allegedly causing a loss of crores of rupees in the upgradation of 134 district hospitals.
During the probe, the CBI claimed that the misappropriation of funds was Rs 7.94 crore.
The investigating agency has filed 13 cases over the alleged irregularities in utilising Rs 10,000 crore funds allocated under the centrally-sponsored NRHM to Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?