NRHM: CBI raids ex-UP minister Ananth Mishra
Lucknow: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Saturday conducted raids at the residential premises of former UP health minister Anant Mishra in the state capital and Kanpur in connection with National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam.
CBI teams seized some "incriminating" documents related to the National Rural Health Mission from Mishra`s premises, sources said here.
The agency has already questioned Mishra twice in connection with the death of deputy CMO YS Sachan.
The development comes after the CBI on Thursday filed a chargesheet in a court against former Bahujan Samaj Partyleader Babu Singh Kushwaha and his associate RP Jaiswal.
The CBI registered a case against Kushwaha and others for allegedly causing a loss of crores of rupees in the upgradation of 134 district hospitals.
During the probe, the CBI claimed that the misappropriation of funds was Rs 7.94 crore.
The investigating agency has filed 13 cases over the alleged irregularities in utilising Rs 10,000 crore funds allocated under the centrally-sponsored NRHM to Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan