NRHM: CBI raids ex-UP minister Ananth Mishra
Lucknow: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Saturday conducted raids at the residential premises of former UP health minister Anant Mishra in the state capital and Kanpur in connection with National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam.
CBI teams seized some "incriminating" documents related to the National Rural Health Mission from Mishra`s premises, sources said here.
The agency has already questioned Mishra twice in connection with the death of deputy CMO YS Sachan.
The development comes after the CBI on Thursday filed a chargesheet in a court against former Bahujan Samaj Partyleader Babu Singh Kushwaha and his associate RP Jaiswal.
The CBI registered a case against Kushwaha and others for allegedly causing a loss of crores of rupees in the upgradation of 134 district hospitals.
During the probe, the CBI claimed that the misappropriation of funds was Rs 7.94 crore.
The investigating agency has filed 13 cases over the alleged irregularities in utilising Rs 10,000 crore funds allocated under the centrally-sponsored NRHM to Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Brexit will put pressure on global growth: IMF deputy MD
- New survey lists out excuses Indians give to delay marriage – Check out
- Help me, I want to live: 11-year-old boy appeals to PM Modi
- Just found! Huge stash of ancient Helium in Africa's rift valley
- Not Ravi Shastri, but this man was Anil Kumble's biggest challenger for coaching job