NRHM: CBI raids ex-UP minister Ananth Mishra
Lucknow: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Saturday conducted raids at the residential premises of former UP health minister Anant Mishra in the state capital and Kanpur in connection with National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam.
CBI teams seized some "incriminating" documents related to the National Rural Health Mission from Mishra`s premises, sources said here.
The agency has already questioned Mishra twice in connection with the death of deputy CMO YS Sachan.
The development comes after the CBI on Thursday filed a chargesheet in a court against former Bahujan Samaj Partyleader Babu Singh Kushwaha and his associate RP Jaiswal.
The CBI registered a case against Kushwaha and others for allegedly causing a loss of crores of rupees in the upgradation of 134 district hospitals.
During the probe, the CBI claimed that the misappropriation of funds was Rs 7.94 crore.
The investigating agency has filed 13 cases over the alleged irregularities in utilising Rs 10,000 crore funds allocated under the centrally-sponsored NRHM to Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM