NRHM: CBI to book 15 doctors, 10 officers
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday gave its nod to Central Bureau of Investigation’s to file case against doctors and health officers involved in the National Rural Health Mission (NHRM) scam.
The CBI had has sought prosecution sanction against former against 15 doctors and 10 health officers including former CMO AK Shukla.
Dr Shukla was earlier arrested in connection with the murder of two of his colleagues and NRHM scam.
The central bureau of investigation last week had raided Anant Mishra aka Antoo`s residences in Lucknow and Kanpur for his alleged role in the multi-crore scam.
Prior to the raid, Mishra`s former cabinet colleague Babu Singh Kushwaha and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator RP Jaiswal were named in the second chargesheet filed by the CBI in the NRHM scam at a Ghaziabad court.
The investigating agency has filed 13 cases over the alleged irregularities in utilising Rs 10,000 crore funds allocated under the centrally-sponsored NRHM to Uttar Pradesh.
Killings in NRHM scam
There have been a series of high-profile murders, including that of the two CMOs, one deputy CMO and half a dozen other clerical staff, related to the multi-crore-rupee scam in which many ministerial colleagues of former chief minister Mayawati were also allegedly involved.
The first death in this ominous case took place Oct 27, 2010 when the then CMO for Family Planning and Medical Health, Dr Vinod Arya, was shot dead while he was out for a morning walk. His successor, Dr BP Singh, was also killed in a similar fashion April 2, 2011.
Ballistic reports confirmed that both CMOs were killed with the same gun. While the present Samajwadi Party legislator Abhay Singh was named in the killings, deputy CMO Dr YS Sachan, who briefly held the charge of CMO, was also named in the case but he too died mysteriously inside the prison.
Though the then Mayawati government initially declared it as a suicide, autopsy report and a subsequent judicial magistrate probe established that it was a cold-blooded murder.
Dr AK Shukla`s name had surfaced in the case earlier too, and he was finally arrested last year but released on bail. He was again arrested for the second time after the Allahabad High Court rapped the CBI for tardy progress in the investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India