NRHM: Chargesheet filed against Kushwaha
Ghaziabad: The CBI Thursday filed a charge sheet in a court here against former Uttar Pradesh health minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and his associate RP Jaiswal for lapses in fund allocation under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scheme.
Kushwaha and Jaiswal, present in judicial custody, were named in the charge sheet which was submitted before Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge AK Singh.
The CBI registered a case against Kushwaha and others for allegedly causing a loss of crores of rupees in the upgradation of 134 district hospitals.
During the probe, the CBI claimed that the misappropriation of funds was Rs.7.94 crore.
The materials used in the hospitals were found to be of inferior and sub-standard quality thereby causing a loss to the exchequer, the CBI alleged.
The CBI was also granted four days` remand of four other accused, arrested in Lucknow Wednesday, presented before the court.
The four accused are Vipin Kumar Chaudhary, M.M. Tripathi, Vipin Kumar Gupta and A.K. Srivastava. They sent to CBI custody.
The investigating agency has filed 13 cases over the alleged irregularities in utilising Rs.10,000 crore funds allocated under the centrally-sponsored NRHM to Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...