NRHM scam: CBI files chargesheet against Kushwaha, 5 others
Ghaziabad: The CBI on Friday filed a chargesheet against former Uttar Pradesh minister Babu Singh Kushwaha, senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla and four others in a case of alleged financial bungling in National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in the state.
The chargesheet, which was filed in a special CBI court here, pertains to upgrading of 40 district hospitals in the state.
Over 30 operation theatres (OTs) were to be set up in the district hospitals and it is alleged that there was a loss of over Rs 6 crore to the exchequer due to the alleged bungling.
Former MLA RP Jaiswal, a former MD and a general manger of state-owned Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited are also among the accused in the chargesheet.
The court has fixed December 29 as the next date of hearing and issued summons to all the accused asking them to be present during the hearing.
This is the second chargesheet filed by the CBI within a week. On Monday, the agency had filed a charge sheet in the special court, in a NRHM case involving upgrading of 89 hospitals in which the exchequer suffered a loss of Rs 5.89 crore.
Shukla is named in both the chargesheets.
"This case relates to award of contract of upgrade of 40 district level hospitals in UP on the basis of forged and bogus documents and by paying illegal gratification to the officials concerned of Health and Family Welfare department and UPPCL, Uttar Pradesh," the CBI had said at the time of registration of the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged