NRHM scam: CBI registers 4 new cases; searches on
New Delhi: Top former Health Department officials of Uttar Pradesh have been booked in the NHRM scam by CBI which has registered four new cases in connection with alleged graft in the use of central funds allocated to the state.
In separate cases, CBI has booked the then Director General, Family Welfare, R R Bharti, the then Lucknow Chief Medical Officers -- K K Singh and Umakant Gupta, General Manager Uttar Pradesh Press Cooperative Federation (UPPCF) Ashok Kumar.
After registering the cases, the agency swooped down on 10 locations in Ghaziabad, Lucknow and Agra in Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and Rudrapur in Uttarakhand and Vapi in Gujarat last evening, a CBI spokesperson said here on Thursday.
The search operations were continuing on Thursday, she said.
In the first case, CBI has alleged that Bharti had ordered purchase of huge quantities of Leomizole tablets to the tune of Rs 2.47 crore from a Gujarat-based pharmaceutical firm in Vapi at an exorbitant rate ignoring the cheaper alternative available, agency sources said.
The second case was registered against K K Singh and Umakant Gupta and owner of an Agra-based private firm for alleged misappropriation of Rs 12.5 lakhs under NRHM funds meant for upgradation of a hospital.
The third case is against a Meerut-based private person Surinder Chowdhary who was distributor of public sector undertaking Rajasthan Drugs and Pharmaceutical Ltd (RDPL).
The agency alleged that he opened a bank account with a similar name--Rajasthan Drugs Pharmaceutical--and encashed cheques meant for the PSU.
In the fourth case, CBI has named Ashok Kumar for allegedly awarding contract for printing mother and child safety posters under NRHM to a Rudrapur-based company ignoring terms of tenders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Sonia to flag off bus yatra to UP on July 23
- MS Dhoni to mentor talent with Craig McDermott's cricket academy in Australia
- Gujarat Dalit flogging incident: Four police officials suspended, says Rajnath Singh
- Ireland and France urge quick 'Brexit' from European Union
- Mehbooba Mufti meets families affected by Kashmir violence