NRHM scam: CBI registers 4 new cases; searches on
New Delhi: Top former Health Department officials of Uttar Pradesh have been booked in the NHRM scam by CBI which has registered four new cases in connection with alleged graft in the use of central funds allocated to the state.
In separate cases, CBI has booked the then Director General, Family Welfare, R R Bharti, the then Lucknow Chief Medical Officers -- K K Singh and Umakant Gupta, General Manager Uttar Pradesh Press Cooperative Federation (UPPCF) Ashok Kumar.
After registering the cases, the agency swooped down on 10 locations in Ghaziabad, Lucknow and Agra in Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and Rudrapur in Uttarakhand and Vapi in Gujarat last evening, a CBI spokesperson said here on Thursday.
The search operations were continuing on Thursday, she said.
In the first case, CBI has alleged that Bharti had ordered purchase of huge quantities of Leomizole tablets to the tune of Rs 2.47 crore from a Gujarat-based pharmaceutical firm in Vapi at an exorbitant rate ignoring the cheaper alternative available, agency sources said.
The second case was registered against K K Singh and Umakant Gupta and owner of an Agra-based private firm for alleged misappropriation of Rs 12.5 lakhs under NRHM funds meant for upgradation of a hospital.
The third case is against a Meerut-based private person Surinder Chowdhary who was distributor of public sector undertaking Rajasthan Drugs and Pharmaceutical Ltd (RDPL).
The agency alleged that he opened a bank account with a similar name--Rajasthan Drugs Pharmaceutical--and encashed cheques meant for the PSU.
In the fourth case, CBI has named Ashok Kumar for allegedly awarding contract for printing mother and child safety posters under NRHM to a Rudrapur-based company ignoring terms of tenders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users