NRHM scam: CBI special court to hear all cases in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A CBI special court here will now hear all the cases related to the Rs 5,000-crore National Rural Health Mission scam.
Seven cases, which were being heard by Special Judge A K Singh, were on Monday transferred to the court of Special Judge S Lal.
The necessary order for hearing of all NRHM related cases by judge S L has been passed by High Court and Uttar Pradesh administration.
According to CBI, the probe agency has filed FIRs in 21 cases which have former UP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha, ex-MLA RP Jaiswal, senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla, former Director General (Health) S P Ram, former managing director of UP Small Industries Corporation Abhay Kumar Bajpai besides other officials as accused.
Shukla and some other officials are meanwhile out on bail as CBI was unable to file charge sheet within the 90-day deadline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok