NRHM scam: CBI summons two former UP ministers
New Delhi: CBI is likely to question two
former Ministers of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati`s
cabinet starting tomorrow in connection with the National
Rural Health Mission scam as it prepares to register cases in
this connection by year end.
The agency has summoned Babulal Kushwaha and Anant Mishra
to Delhi for questioning in connection with the multi-crore
NRHM scam in which three murders of health officials had taken
place resulting in state-wide furore over allegation of
rampant corruption in execution of the central scheme, CBI
The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court had on July
27 directed CBI to probe the murder of the two CMOs and also
into the alleged irregularities in implementation of the
National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) within three months.
The CBI had started probe into the alleged irregularities
in spending of Rs 10,000 crore allocated to Uttar Pradesh as
central funds under NRHM, after registering five preliminary
enquiries following orders of the High Court.
The agency has constituted a big special investigating
team comprising 26 officers, including five Superintendents of
Police under the overall supervision of Additional Director,
Joint-Director and two DIGs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months