NRHM scam: JC of Kushwaha, eight others extended
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court here pn Tuesday further remanded former Uttar Pradesh minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and eight others in judicial custody till July 5 in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission scam.
The accused, who were produced in the court, were also supplied with remaining documents of the charge sheets.
The CBI sought extension of their remand on the ground that if released, they would influence witnesses and tamper with the evidence.
Besides Kushwaha, the other accused whose remand was extended are BSP MLA R P Jaiswal, B N Srivastava, B N Ram Yadav, Katar Singh, Rajesh Kumar Singh, Naresh Grover, J K Singh and P K Jain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell