NRHM scam: JC of Kushwaha, eight others extended
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court here pn Tuesday further remanded former Uttar Pradesh minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and eight others in judicial custody till July 5 in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission scam.
The accused, who were produced in the court, were also supplied with remaining documents of the charge sheets.
The CBI sought extension of their remand on the ground that if released, they would influence witnesses and tamper with the evidence.
Besides Kushwaha, the other accused whose remand was extended are BSP MLA R P Jaiswal, B N Srivastava, B N Ram Yadav, Katar Singh, Rajesh Kumar Singh, Naresh Grover, J K Singh and P K Jain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars