NRHM scam: Judicial custody of Kushwaha, 9 others extended
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court on Tuesday extended till June 26 the judicial custody of former Uttar Pradesh minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and nine others in a case related to the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission scam in the state.
Special CBI judge AK Singh, today sent Kushwaha, who is lodged in Dasna Jail, and nine others, including former MLA RP Jaiswal, Naresh Grover, RK Singh, PK Jain and BN Shrivastva, to judiacial custody till June 26.
Kushwaha was arrested on March 3 in connection with the scam which relates to alleged swindling of over Rs 10,000 crore central funds allocated to the state under the mission.
Kushwaha is accused of abusing his official position to favour private companies while allotting contract for upgradation of 134 hospitals in Uttar Pradesh under NRHM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'