NRHM scam: Judicial custody of Kushwaha, 9 others extended
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court on Tuesday extended till June 26 the judicial custody of former Uttar Pradesh minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and nine others in a case related to the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission scam in the state.
Special CBI judge AK Singh, today sent Kushwaha, who is lodged in Dasna Jail, and nine others, including former MLA RP Jaiswal, Naresh Grover, RK Singh, PK Jain and BN Shrivastva, to judiacial custody till June 26.
Kushwaha was arrested on March 3 in connection with the scam which relates to alleged swindling of over Rs 10,000 crore central funds allocated to the state under the mission.
Kushwaha is accused of abusing his official position to favour private companies while allotting contract for upgradation of 134 hospitals in Uttar Pradesh under NRHM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter