NRHM scam: Judicial custody of Kushwaha, 9 others extended
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court on Tuesday extended till June 26 the judicial custody of former Uttar Pradesh minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and nine others in a case related to the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission scam in the state.
Special CBI judge AK Singh, today sent Kushwaha, who is lodged in Dasna Jail, and nine others, including former MLA RP Jaiswal, Naresh Grover, RK Singh, PK Jain and BN Shrivastva, to judiacial custody till June 26.
Kushwaha was arrested on March 3 in connection with the scam which relates to alleged swindling of over Rs 10,000 crore central funds allocated to the state under the mission.
Kushwaha is accused of abusing his official position to favour private companies while allotting contract for upgradation of 134 hospitals in Uttar Pradesh under NRHM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says