NRHM scam: Judicial custody of Kushwaha, 9 others extended
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court on Tuesday extended till June 26 the judicial custody of former Uttar Pradesh minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and nine others in a case related to the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission scam in the state.
Special CBI judge AK Singh, today sent Kushwaha, who is lodged in Dasna Jail, and nine others, including former MLA RP Jaiswal, Naresh Grover, RK Singh, PK Jain and BN Shrivastva, to judiacial custody till June 26.
Kushwaha was arrested on March 3 in connection with the scam which relates to alleged swindling of over Rs 10,000 crore central funds allocated to the state under the mission.
Kushwaha is accused of abusing his official position to favour private companies while allotting contract for upgradation of 134 hospitals in Uttar Pradesh under NRHM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?