NRHM scam: Judicial custody of Shukla extended
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court on Tuesday extended till May 31 the judicial custody of senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla, arrested for his alleged role in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission scam.
Shukla was arrested on May 10 by the CBI for alleged bungling in upgradation of 89 district hospitals under the NRHM programme, causing a loss of nearly Rs 22.5 crore to the exchequer.
55-year-old Shukla was held from Lucknow airport while he was going to Delhi for some treatment.
On May 17, the special CBI court had remanded the 1981-batch IAS officer from UP cadre in judicial custody till May 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145