NRHM scam: Judicial custody of Shukla extended
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court on Tuesday extended till May 31 the judicial custody of senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla, arrested for his alleged role in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission scam.
Shukla was arrested on May 10 by the CBI for alleged bungling in upgradation of 89 district hospitals under the NRHM programme, causing a loss of nearly Rs 22.5 crore to the exchequer.
55-year-old Shukla was held from Lucknow airport while he was going to Delhi for some treatment.
On May 17, the special CBI court had remanded the 1981-batch IAS officer from UP cadre in judicial custody till May 28.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis