NRHM scam: Judicial custody of Shukla extended
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court on Tuesday extended till May 31 the judicial custody of senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla, arrested for his alleged role in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission scam.
Shukla was arrested on May 10 by the CBI for alleged bungling in upgradation of 89 district hospitals under the NRHM programme, causing a loss of nearly Rs 22.5 crore to the exchequer.
55-year-old Shukla was held from Lucknow airport while he was going to Delhi for some treatment.
On May 17, the special CBI court had remanded the 1981-batch IAS officer from UP cadre in judicial custody till May 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon