NRHM scam: Judicial custody of Shukla extended
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court on Tuesday extended till May 31 the judicial custody of senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla, arrested for his alleged role in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission scam.
Shukla was arrested on May 10 by the CBI for alleged bungling in upgradation of 89 district hospitals under the NRHM programme, causing a loss of nearly Rs 22.5 crore to the exchequer.
55-year-old Shukla was held from Lucknow airport while he was going to Delhi for some treatment.
On May 17, the special CBI court had remanded the 1981-batch IAS officer from UP cadre in judicial custody till May 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!