NRHM scam: Judicial custody of Shukla extended
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court on Tuesday extended till May 31 the judicial custody of senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla, arrested for his alleged role in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission scam.
Shukla was arrested on May 10 by the CBI for alleged bungling in upgradation of 89 district hospitals under the NRHM programme, causing a loss of nearly Rs 22.5 crore to the exchequer.
55-year-old Shukla was held from Lucknow airport while he was going to Delhi for some treatment.
On May 17, the special CBI court had remanded the 1981-batch IAS officer from UP cadre in judicial custody till May 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?