NRHM scam: Kushwaha, nine others produced in special CBI court
Ghaziabad: Former Uttar Pradesh Family Welfare Minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and nine other accused in the multi-crore rupee National Rural Health Mission scam in the state were today produced before a special CBI court.
Kushwaha, along with nine others, including former Member of Legislative Assembly R P Jaiswal, Naresh Grover, R K Singh, P K Jain and B N Shrivastva, were produced before Special CBI judge S Lal amid tight security.
Court has fixed January 31 as the next date for hearing in the case.
Former Superintendent of Pyarelal Sharma Hospital, in Meerut, Dr R S Rathore`s statement was recorded.
Kushwaha was arrested on March 3 in connection with the scam which relates to alleged swindling of over Rs 10,000 crore central funds allocated to the state under the mission.
Kushwaha is accused of abusing his official position to favour private companies while allotting contract for upgradation of 134 hospitals in Uttar Pradesh under NRHM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands