NRHM scam: Kushwaha, nine others produced in special CBI court
Ghaziabad: Former Uttar Pradesh Family Welfare Minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and nine other accused in the multi-crore rupee National Rural Health Mission scam in the state were today produced before a special CBI court.
Kushwaha, along with nine others, including former Member of Legislative Assembly R P Jaiswal, Naresh Grover, R K Singh, P K Jain and B N Shrivastva, were produced before Special CBI judge S Lal amid tight security.
Court has fixed January 31 as the next date for hearing in the case.
Former Superintendent of Pyarelal Sharma Hospital, in Meerut, Dr R S Rathore`s statement was recorded.
Kushwaha was arrested on March 3 in connection with the scam which relates to alleged swindling of over Rs 10,000 crore central funds allocated to the state under the mission.
Kushwaha is accused of abusing his official position to favour private companies while allotting contract for upgradation of 134 hospitals in Uttar Pradesh under NRHM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!