NRHM scam: Kushwaha, nine others produced in special CBI court
Ghaziabad: Former Uttar Pradesh Family Welfare Minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and nine other accused in the multi-crore rupee National Rural Health Mission scam in the state were today produced before a special CBI court.
Kushwaha, along with nine others, including former Member of Legislative Assembly R P Jaiswal, Naresh Grover, R K Singh, P K Jain and B N Shrivastva, were produced before Special CBI judge S Lal amid tight security.
Court has fixed January 31 as the next date for hearing in the case.
Former Superintendent of Pyarelal Sharma Hospital, in Meerut, Dr R S Rathore`s statement was recorded.
Kushwaha was arrested on March 3 in connection with the scam which relates to alleged swindling of over Rs 10,000 crore central funds allocated to the state under the mission.
Kushwaha is accused of abusing his official position to favour private companies while allotting contract for upgradation of 134 hospitals in Uttar Pradesh under NRHM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Leaked Scorpene papers won't affect stealth aspect: Indian Navy
- Powerful 6.8 magnitude quake damages Myanmar`s famed Bagan temples: Police
- Hyundai Elantra 2016: Enjoy 360 Experience drive with Shah Rukh Khan
- Police Scotland make hijab part of official uniform
- Bastian Schweinsteiger not giving up on Manchester United