NRHM scam: Kushwaha, nine others produced in special CBI court
Ghaziabad: Former Uttar Pradesh Family Welfare Minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and nine other accused in the multi-crore rupee National Rural Health Mission scam in the state were today produced before a special CBI court.
Kushwaha, along with nine others, including former Member of Legislative Assembly R P Jaiswal, Naresh Grover, R K Singh, P K Jain and B N Shrivastva, were produced before Special CBI judge S Lal amid tight security.
Court has fixed January 31 as the next date for hearing in the case.
Former Superintendent of Pyarelal Sharma Hospital, in Meerut, Dr R S Rathore`s statement was recorded.
Kushwaha was arrested on March 3 in connection with the scam which relates to alleged swindling of over Rs 10,000 crore central funds allocated to the state under the mission.
Kushwaha is accused of abusing his official position to favour private companies while allotting contract for upgradation of 134 hospitals in Uttar Pradesh under NRHM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you