NRHM scam: Saurabh Jain to remain in judicial custody
Ghaziabad: Saurabh Jain, main accused in the Rs 5,000 crore National Rural Health Mission scam, has been remanded in judicial custody till September 17 by a special CBI court here.
Despite getting bail in two cases of NRHM, Jain, a medical supplier and a close aide of former UP family welfare minister Babu Singh Kushwaha, will remain in jail as the probe agency had filed a fresh case on Monday, sources said.
Special CBI Judge S Lal yesterday accepted the probe agency`s plea after hearing arguments of both sides and extended Jain`s judicial custody till September 17.
Jain`s bail will now be applicable only after he gets bail in the third case against him.
There are five cases against Jain in the NRHM scam.
Meanwhile, judicial custody of Abhay Kumar Bajpai, S P Ram, Saurabh Jain, Vivek Jain and Sanjeev Kumar was extended till September 13.
On September 3, all the cases related to the scam were transferred to the CBI special court here.
According to CBI, the probe agency has filed FIRs in 21 cases which have former UP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha, ex-MLA R P Jaiswal, senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla, former Director General (Health) S P Ram, former managing director of UP Small Industries Corporation Abhay Kumar Bajpai besides other officials as accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation