NRHM scam: Warrant against senior IAS officer
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court on Thursday issued bailable warrant against senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla after he failed to appear in the multi-crore NRHM scam case.
Special Judge S Lal issued the warrant against Shukla yesterday.
The counsel, appearing for the senior IAS officer, claimed that due to poor health his client was unable to appear before the court.
However, the court rejected his plea and fixed February 13 as the next date of hearing in the case.
The agency had filed charge sheet against Shukla last month for his alleged involvement in the irregularities in upgrading of 89 district hospitals in the state, under National Rural Health Mission scheme, causing a loss of Rs 16 crore to the exchequer.
The 55-year-old UP-cadre IAS officer, serving as member revenue board, was arrested by the agency in May but was released on bail.
After release, Shukla joined back as member of revenue board but the UP government issued orders of him being "deemed suspended".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'