NRHM scam: Warrant against senior IAS officer
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court on Thursday issued bailable warrant against senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla after he failed to appear in the multi-crore NRHM scam case.
Special Judge S Lal issued the warrant against Shukla yesterday.
The counsel, appearing for the senior IAS officer, claimed that due to poor health his client was unable to appear before the court.
However, the court rejected his plea and fixed February 13 as the next date of hearing in the case.
The agency had filed charge sheet against Shukla last month for his alleged involvement in the irregularities in upgrading of 89 district hospitals in the state, under National Rural Health Mission scheme, causing a loss of Rs 16 crore to the exchequer.
The 55-year-old UP-cadre IAS officer, serving as member revenue board, was arrested by the agency in May but was released on bail.
After release, Shukla joined back as member of revenue board but the UP government issued orders of him being "deemed suspended".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'