NRHM scheme was marred by corruption during BSP regime: UP CM
Lucknow: UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday alleged during the previous BSP regime the National Rural Health Mission was marred by corruption at all level.
While launching `Ashirwad Child Health Guarantee Scheme` under NRHM, Yadav said, "Everyone knows that corruption in the mission took place at what level and even schemes directly benefiting the people were stopped by the previous regime."
"Ayush doctors were terminated, but they were again given a chance to serve the people in the SP government," the chief minister said.
Yadav said that cheap and good treatment was required by the people living in the rural areas and the state government was paying special attention on improving medical facilities for villages and poor.
He also gave cheques of Rs 10 crore each for upgradation of nursing school at KGMC and new hospital at Queen Mary besides laying foundation stones of public and community health centres.
Chief Secretary Javed Usmani said that among six crore children in the age group of 2 to 18 years nearly 50 percent were affected by malnutrition and anaemia.
Under the scheme, health examination and treatment of the children would be done, he said.
He said that in the first phase in 2012-13 children upto high school in rural areas would be covered under various health services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees