NRHM scheme was marred by corruption during BSP regime: UP CM
Lucknow: UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday alleged during the previous BSP regime the National Rural Health Mission was marred by corruption at all level.
While launching `Ashirwad Child Health Guarantee Scheme` under NRHM, Yadav said, "Everyone knows that corruption in the mission took place at what level and even schemes directly benefiting the people were stopped by the previous regime."
"Ayush doctors were terminated, but they were again given a chance to serve the people in the SP government," the chief minister said.
Yadav said that cheap and good treatment was required by the people living in the rural areas and the state government was paying special attention on improving medical facilities for villages and poor.
He also gave cheques of Rs 10 crore each for upgradation of nursing school at KGMC and new hospital at Queen Mary besides laying foundation stones of public and community health centres.
Chief Secretary Javed Usmani said that among six crore children in the age group of 2 to 18 years nearly 50 percent were affected by malnutrition and anaemia.
Under the scheme, health examination and treatment of the children would be done, he said.
He said that in the first phase in 2012-13 children upto high school in rural areas would be covered under various health services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside