NRHM scheme was marred by corruption during BSP regime: UP CM
Lucknow: UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday alleged during the previous BSP regime the National Rural Health Mission was marred by corruption at all level.
While launching `Ashirwad Child Health Guarantee Scheme` under NRHM, Yadav said, "Everyone knows that corruption in the mission took place at what level and even schemes directly benefiting the people were stopped by the previous regime."
"Ayush doctors were terminated, but they were again given a chance to serve the people in the SP government," the chief minister said.
Yadav said that cheap and good treatment was required by the people living in the rural areas and the state government was paying special attention on improving medical facilities for villages and poor.
He also gave cheques of Rs 10 crore each for upgradation of nursing school at KGMC and new hospital at Queen Mary besides laying foundation stones of public and community health centres.
Chief Secretary Javed Usmani said that among six crore children in the age group of 2 to 18 years nearly 50 percent were affected by malnutrition and anaemia.
Under the scheme, health examination and treatment of the children would be done, he said.
He said that in the first phase in 2012-13 children upto high school in rural areas would be covered under various health services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!