NRHM scheme was marred by corruption during BSP regime: UP CM
Lucknow: UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday alleged during the previous BSP regime the National Rural Health Mission was marred by corruption at all level.
While launching `Ashirwad Child Health Guarantee Scheme` under NRHM, Yadav said, "Everyone knows that corruption in the mission took place at what level and even schemes directly benefiting the people were stopped by the previous regime."
"Ayush doctors were terminated, but they were again given a chance to serve the people in the SP government," the chief minister said.
Yadav said that cheap and good treatment was required by the people living in the rural areas and the state government was paying special attention on improving medical facilities for villages and poor.
He also gave cheques of Rs 10 crore each for upgradation of nursing school at KGMC and new hospital at Queen Mary besides laying foundation stones of public and community health centres.
Chief Secretary Javed Usmani said that among six crore children in the age group of 2 to 18 years nearly 50 percent were affected by malnutrition and anaemia.
Under the scheme, health examination and treatment of the children would be done, he said.
He said that in the first phase in 2012-13 children upto high school in rural areas would be covered under various health services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen