Number of jobless on the rise in UP: Survey
Lucknow: The number of jobless in Uttar Pradesh is steadily climbing, a National Survey Sample Organisation (NSSO) report has revealed. An official said in response that over 2 lakh new jobs will be created within two years in the state.
The maximum number of unemployed persons in the country are in Bihar`s state capital Patna (13 percent males), while Kanpur comes a close second with 8 percent as unemployed, the report stated.
An increase in the maximum number of jobless men during 2004-05 and 2009-10 was recorded in the Taj city of Agra. With two of its major cities on the list of unemployed, a state official Saturday said that the Akhilesh Yadav government was trying to create more jobs. It had also undertaken an ambitious unemployment grant scheme that offers financial assistance to the jobless until they get jobs.
"Jobs have come up in many government departments, the police recruitment will soon take place and teachers are being recruited in very large numbers. Many industries will be opening shop in the state and thousands of jobs will be created," the official told a news agency.
Adding that infrastructural projects take time to come up and hence the final job share might take some time to shape up, he added that within two years over 2 lakh new jobs will be created in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt