Nupur Talwar spends first night in jail
Ghaziabad: Nupur Talwar, the mother of murdered teenager Aarushi, has spent her first night in jail.
According to Dasna Jail officials, Nupur was treated like any other inmate during her first night in the prison.
An official said Nupur was sad when she was brought to jail, but watched TV before going to sleep.
In the morning, she woke up at around 5.30 am and had the regular breakfast, the official said, adding she is also carrying Hanuman Chalisa with her.
While talking to fellow inmates, Nupur claimed that she was innocent.
Nupur was sent to jail yesterday after she surrendered before a special CBI court. Her interim bail plea will be heard by a Sessions Court today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations