Nupur Talwar spends first night in jail
Ghaziabad: Nupur Talwar, the mother of murdered teenager Aarushi, has spent her first night in jail.
According to Dasna Jail officials, Nupur was treated like any other inmate during her first night in the prison.
An official said Nupur was sad when she was brought to jail, but watched TV before going to sleep.
In the morning, she woke up at around 5.30 am and had the regular breakfast, the official said, adding she is also carrying Hanuman Chalisa with her.
While talking to fellow inmates, Nupur claimed that she was innocent.
Nupur was sent to jail yesterday after she surrendered before a special CBI court. Her interim bail plea will be heard by a Sessions Court today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players