Nupur Talwar spends first night in jail
Ghaziabad: Nupur Talwar, the mother of murdered teenager Aarushi, has spent her first night in jail.
According to Dasna Jail officials, Nupur was treated like any other inmate during her first night in the prison.
An official said Nupur was sad when she was brought to jail, but watched TV before going to sleep.
In the morning, she woke up at around 5.30 am and had the regular breakfast, the official said, adding she is also carrying Hanuman Chalisa with her.
While talking to fellow inmates, Nupur claimed that she was innocent.
Nupur was sent to jail yesterday after she surrendered before a special CBI court. Her interim bail plea will be heard by a Sessions Court today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case